Lima, 14 December 2023 — The Latin American Civil Aviation Commission (LACAC) held an extraordinary Assembly in Lima to celebrate its 50th anniversary. Created in 1973, LACAC has significantly contributed to the development of civil aviation both within its region and globally. The President and Executive Secretary of ECAC joined the Directors General of LACAC Member States to commemorate this milestone event and reiterated the valuable and productive cooperation between ECAC and LACAC across various aviation domains.
Paris, 6 December 2023 — A familiarisation course providing information and key facts on ECAC’s history, organisation and activities was conducted at the ECAC premises. This course has been designed for recently appointed Directors General and their team members who coordinate ECAC and other international matters and aims to acquaint them with all ECAC’s domains of activity.
Directors General convene to review 2023 activities and look ahead to the challenges of the coming year
Paris, 7 December 2023 — The 161st meeting of ECAC Directors General of Civil Aviation (DGCA/161) was focused on taking stock of the year’s work and preparing for the challenges of the coming year. An expanded set of annual reports was presented to Directors General, including for the first time information papers on work in the cross-cutting domains of unmanned aircraft systems, diversity and inclusion, and communications, setting out the work done and to come.
Elena Bratikova joined the ECAC Secretariat on 1 December 2023 as an administrative assistant. She has over 15 years of professional experience in Brussels including roles within the European space sector and international organisations, as well as working with the European Union institutions and several representations of the Member States before the EU.
Videoconference, 8 November 2023 — Discussions at the ECAC Medium-Term Objectives (EMTO) Task Force’s November meeting (EMTO/69) centred on planning the work it had been commissioned to do by the Coordinating Committee at its meeting the previous week (CC/199, 2 November 2023).
Bratislava, 14-16 November 2023 — Aviation security auditors from Hungary, Republic of Moldova, Serbia and Slovakia attended the Best Practices on Covert Testing course organised with the aim to enhance participants’ understanding of covert testing methodologies.
More Articles ...
- Explosive Detection Dogs Study Group discusses changes to the EDD threat list
- Cyber security in aviation training course
- ECAC Secretariat supports DGCA France building SAF capacity in French-speaking countries
- Economic Working Group considers air transport and economic matters, ECAC market liberalisation toolkit, and ground handling policies
- European Coordination Group on Facilitation discussions ahead of 2024 ICAO Facilitation Panel
- Training for national security auditors in Brussels
- Workshop on sustainable aviation fuels for experts from Albania
- ECAC Coordinating Committee prepares for 2025-2027 triennium
- Review of 2023 performance and decision on 2024 work priorities in the security domain
- Legal Task Force considers ECAC processes