Videoconference, 30 October 2023 — The Security Programme Management Group gathered to review the achievements of the ECAC security task forces and groups in 2023, and the current status of implementation of their work programmes. Priorities for 2024 were discussed, and work programmes will be finalised in the coming weeks on both operational and technical issues.
Videoconference, 26 October 2023 — The third and final Legal Task Force meeting of 2023 addressed significant matters arising in relation to ECAC processes, including questions relating to participation of third parties in the ECAC Common Evaluation Process of security equipment (CEP).
Valencia, 25 October 2023 – European aviation leaders have come together in Valencia for the 12th edition of the ECAC/EU Dialogue, reaffirming their commitment to sustainable aviation. This key event is organised every three years since 1995, and this edition brought together 140 participants, including high-level aviation policymakers, airline and airport leaders, air navigation service providers, environmental stakeholders, aircraft manufacturers, aviation academics, representatives of financial institutions, as well as international and regional organisations. Participants gathered to address sustainability across social, environmental and economic dimensions, to develop a shared vision for a balanced, resilient, and responsible future for European aviation.
Lisbon, 25 October 2023 — The first in-person gathering of the ECAC Network of Communication Specialists (NETCOM) focused on crisis communication, safety promotion, and change management in civil aviation. Tânia Cardoso Simões, chairwoman of the Portuguese Civil Aviation Authority (ANAC), which was hosting the meeting, welcomed the members of the network to Lisbon.
Videoconference, 25 October 2023 — A new policy toolkit created by the World Economic Forum (WEF) and the Aviation Environment Federation, working together with other industry stakeholders as part of WEF’s Target True Zero initiative, was presented at the 20th ECAC environmental familiarisation webinar.
Valencia, 24-25 October 2023 — The 12th ECAC/EU Dialogue with the air transport industry was hosted in Valencia by the Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda of Spain in the framework of the Spanish Presidency of the Council of the European Union. The event saw engagement between the 140 participants representing regulators and policymakers from ECAC Member States and the industry and broader stakeholders from outside the aviation sector, under the theme, “Flying sustainably — from buzz to reality”.
More Articles ...
- Statement of the 2023 ECAC/EU Dialogue with the air transport industry
- ECAC Security Forum considers organisational changes in the security technology field
- Cooperation and collaboration on UAS matters
- Participation in ICAO EUR/NAT environment seminar
- European coordination group on economic matters prepares for ICAO Air Transport Regulatory Panel Working Group 4
- Quality Assessment Programme assessors’ training course
- Image quality standard test piece prototype presented to ECAC Technical Task Force
- Focus on broad range of topics at recent Facilitation Working Group meeting
- ECAC air accident and incident investigation experts convene in Paris
- Explosive Detection Dogs Study Group debriefs on results of testing exercise