29 October 2021 - The first ECAC Workshop on Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF), held virtually, focused on important international and European developments on SAF policies, including the ReFuel EU Aviation regulatory proposal, with speakers from ACAO, AFCAC, the European Commission, EASA, ECAC Member States, ICAO and the ECAC Secretariat.
27-29 October 2021 - During his first visit to ICAO headquarters as ECAC President, Alessio Quaranta, together with ECAC Executive Secretary Patricia Reverdy, met with several Council members from all regions and enjoyed discussions on the lessons learnt from the ICAO High-level Conference on COVID-19, the priorities for the next ICAO Assembly in 2022 and cooperation between the regions.
Paris/videoconference, 28 October 2021 - The members and observers of ECAC’s Facilitation Working Group met for their first hybrid meeting, in Paris, following several months of activity in the aviation domain with a heavy focus on facilitation matters.
12-22 October 2021 - European experts in the safety, facilitation, economic and security domains participated in the online ICAO High-level Conference on COVID-19 (HLCC 2021) under the theme of "One Vision for Aviation Recovery, Resilience and Sustainability beyond the Global Pandemic". The experts have been preparing their inputs to the two conference streams through their participation in European coordination group meetings in their specific domains.
13-14 October 2021 - Air accident and incident investigation experts focused on unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) investigations in this year’s air accident and incident investigation workshop. The event offered the opportunity to look at the applicable regulatory framework, the investigation process and related challenges, the development of UAS investigation capability (including training requirements for investigators), safety improvement in the UAS sector, and the use of drones to support investigations.
6 October 2021 - The fourth monthly ECAC familiarisation webinar on basic knowledge on aviation and the environment was dedicated to preparing for the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) 26th Conference of the Parties (COP26), taking place in Glasgow in November.
More Articles ...
- New ECAC network of European communication specialists
- Legal experts review 2021 activities and prepare 2022 work programme
- Third ECAC monthly familiarisation webinar on basic knowledge on aviation and the environment
- Outcomes of the 70th Special meeting of Directors General of Civil Aviation
- Ingrid Cherfils offers some reflections on the events and highlights that have marked her presidency
- European experts participate in ICAO Facilitation Panel
- ECAC Triennial Session elects new president and approves work programme and budget for next three years
- Kick-off meeting on communication for civil aviation
- Alessio Quaranta (DGCA Italy) elected as President of ECAC
- EUROCONTROL and ECAC urge all stakeholders to facilitate smooth implementation of COVID-19 health checks