Tirana/virtual, 26-28 August 2021 - Air transport developments in Albania, recent EU developments - in particular on the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in the second half of 2021 - and developments in ICAO, including the main outcomes of the 223rd Council Session deliberations and European priorities and ambitions for the ICAO High-level Conference on COVID-19 (12-22 October 2021) were on the table for discussion at the 70th Special meeting of Directors General of Civil Aviation (DGCA/70(SP)).
Ingrid Cherfils offers some reflections on the events and highlights that have marked her presidency
One of the more memorable and proudest memories of my presidency was the agreement reached during the ICAO Assembly in 2016 on CORSIA (Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation), the first ever global sectoral agreement. Without Europe and its 44 Member States, there would probably not have been any sectoral agreement of this kind.
13-23 July - The 12th meeting of the ICAO Facilitation Panel (FALP/12) was held online from 13-23 July 2021, attended by experts from ten ECAC Member States, and the European Commission and ECAC in observer capacity.
ECAC Triennial Session elects new president and approves work programme and budget for next three years
12 July - Directors General of ECAC Member States gathered online with high-level representatives from a number of ICAO Member States, regional and international organisations, and industry partners, including ICAO, the European Commission, EUROCONTROL, EASA, ACI EUROPE, A4E, CANSO and IATA, for ECAC’s 39th Plenary (Triennial) Session.
5 July - A first meeting on communication for civil aviation was organised by the ECAC Secretariat for 11 communication specialists from France, Italy, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Turkey and the United Kingdom.
Rome and Paris, 12 July 2021 – The European Civil Aviation Conference (ECAC), Europe’s largest and longest-standing aviation organisation, has a new President. The Director General of the Italian Civil Aviation Authority (ENAC), Alessio Quaranta, was elected by acclamation as President of ECAC during the 39th Plenary (Triennial) Session of ECAC, which was organised by videoconference due to the restrictions related to the current COVID-19 pandemic.
More Articles ...
- EUROCONTROL and ECAC urge all stakeholders to facilitate smooth implementation of COVID-19 health checks
- New best practices course on cyber security
- First ECAC familiarisation webinar on basic knowledge on aviation and the environment
- European coordination on latest travel developments
- European coordination on economic matters
- First ECAC and ICAO EUR/NAT activity on State Action Plans to address CO2 emissions from aviation
- Security equipment manufacturers meet with CTMs developers
- New Best Practices for National Auditors – Level 1 course
- CAEP is the focus of discussions in the European Aviation and Environment Working Group in June
- Introduction to ECAC for Member States