11, 15, 16, 24 June 2021 - The European Aviation and Environment Working Group (EAEG) held a series of meetings in June. 11 June saw stakeholders from the European industry and environmental NGOs involved in the ICAO Committee on Aviation Environmental Protection (CAEP) work programme exchange views on recent and future CAEP developments, and the main achievements and concerns.
8-9 June 2021 - Launched in 2011, the Familiarisation Course for ECAC’s Directors General continues to provide insightful information to newly appointed Directors General of Civil Aviation and their colleagues working on ECAC-related matters on ECAC’s history, structure and activities, and how the organisation functions.
3-4 June 2021 - The Coordinating Committee’s meeting with senior US officials made progress on a wide range of issues of strategic cooperation. Among the matters discussed on which common ground was explored and cooperation proposed were responses to the COVID-19 crisis, objectives for a long-term aviation goal for climate change and other environmental objectives, current and future aviation security technologies, priorities for ICAO and responses to the incident affecting Ryanair flight 4978 over Belarus.
27-28 May 2021 - The security implications of restarting operations with the gradual easing of travel restrictions were on the table for discussion at the 32nd meeting of the ECAC Security Forum. ECAC Member States, observer States and observer organisations exchanged views on the challenges for security operations notably due to staff returning after long periods of inactivity. The impact on security culture, the insider threat and training to implement adapted security measures were among the issues raised by participants.
27 May 2021 - We, the aviation authorities of the 44 Member States1 of the European Civil Aviation Conference, are gravely concerned by the diversion of Ryanair Flight 4978 to Minsk on 23 May 2021. We support ICAO performing any relevant investigation to establish the facts associated with this incident.
26 May 2021 - ECAC organised one European coordination meeting in May with Directors General of ECAC Member States, DG MOVE, EASA and EUROCONTROL to discuss the most recent developments surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the diversion of Ryanair flight FR4978 to Minsk on 23 May. Participants exchanged information on the measures implemented and planned at national level in their own States in the follow-up to the diversion.
More Articles ...
- First joint workshop on the impact of artificial intelligence techniques on aviation security equipment
- Two new members elected to the ECAC Coordinating Committee
- Directors General adopt documents, review activities and appoint new Coordinating Committee members
- EaP/CA workshop on security culture
- Second information seminar on State action plans to address CO2 emissions from aviation
- COVID-19: European coordination continues at ECAC
- ECAC President contributes to EU Aviation Day
- Lisbon Declaration on the recovery of European aviation
- The President of ECAC, Ingrid Cherfils, at the Aviation Day Conference 2021 in Lisbon
- Expanded European Aviation and Environment Working Group debates net zero emissions plans