20 January 2022 - The ECAC/EU Sustainable Aviation Fuels Task Group held its second meeting in January to agree on a work programme and timeline for 2022.
17 January 2022 - Directors General of ECAC Member States and representatives of the European Commission, EASA and EUROCONTROL assembled online for the first COVID-19 European coordination meeting of the year. They heard updates from EUROCONTROL on traffic developments across Europe, and in particular on the current travel measures, restrictions and possible upcoming changes.
13 January 2022 - ECAC’s Legal Task Force met virtually to prepare for the 38th session of the ICAO Legal Committee (LC/38), which is scheduled to be held from 22 to 25 March 2022.
Under the leadership of the newly appointed chair, Frankie Deckers (Belgium), the task force discussed the progress made by the various working groups reporting to the Legal Committee, and the European priorities for the meeting.
11-12 January 2022 - The ECAC Guidance Material Task Force met virtually to review the division of tasks in the group’s 2022 work programme. Tasks for 2022 will include developing new guidance material on using an explosive trace detection (ETD) test kit, performance-based oversight, achieving one-stop security with another ECAC Member State, and best practices for risk assessment methodologies and vulnerability assessments.
15 December 2021 - We are delighted to announce the appointment of Mirjana Čizmarov, Director of Civil Aviation Directorate of Serbia, as a new member of the ECAC Coordinating Committee.
Paris and videoconference, 15 December 2021 - Directors General of Civil Aviation assembled for their 157th meeting (DGCA/157) to hear updates on recent ICAO and European developments, to discuss the preparations for the next ICAO Assembly (27 September - 7 October 2022), and to review the status of implementation of ECAC's activities in the current year and the work priorities for the next year in the following domains: external relations, safety and accident investigations, unmanned aircraft systems (UAS), facilitation, security, environment, economic and legal matters.
More Articles ...
- Amendments to the ECAC Constitution
- Directors General address the resilience of the air transport sector to crisis at the annual ECAC Forum
- First ECAC conference on the use of artificial intelligence in behaviour detection
- Sixth ECAC monthly familiarisation webinar on basic knowledge on aviation and the environment
- Environmental capacity-building webinar for DGCA Indonesia
- First meeting of the Sustainable Aviation Fuels Task Group
- European coordination on COVID-19
- Joint ECAC-EUROCONTROL Event on AI in aviation
- Security equipment manufacturers meet with the ECAC CEP Management Group and testing methodologies developers
- First ECAC information seminar on CORSIA