23 June 2021 - As part of its new environmental capacity-building programme, ECAC has launched a series of monthly familiarisation webinars offering basic knowledge on aviation and the environment. The webinars primarily target civil aviation officials who have recently taken on responsibility for environmental matters as well as staff seeking to gain knowledge in one of ECAC’s strategic priorities.
22 June 2021 - Directors General of ECAC Member States and representatives of DG MOVE, EASA and EUROCONTROL met virtually in June for their regular coordination meeting to discuss the latest developments surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
18 June - The European Coordination Group on Economic matters met to discuss among other issues the arrangements for the next formal meeting of the ICAO Air Transport Regulation Panel (ATRP), which is due to take place in spring 2022. The group also reviewed its preparations for the informal ATRP meeting on 29 June 2021, which addressed outstanding issues of concern relating to the draft ICAO Convention on Foreign Investment.
15 June 2021 - ECAC joined forces with the ICAO EUR/NAT regional office to host an activity on State Action Plans (SAP) to address CO2 emissions from aviation, a topic of common interest to both organisations.
14, 15, 21, 22 and 23 June 2021 - The ECAC Common Evaluation Process (CEP) of security equipment Management Group organised a series of virtual information sessions in June to exchange with manufacturers on issues related to the various categories of aviation security equipment covered by the CEP. The five sessions brought together 68 participants representing manufacturers, members and observers of the CEP Management Group and the moderators of the ECAC Technical Task Force study groups responsible for developing ECAC Common Testing Methodologies (CTMs).
14-18 June 2021 - National auditors from Belgium, Lithuania and Montenegro took part in a Best Practices for National Auditors – Level 1 training course in June, following an update to the course material. The course was conducted virtually for the first time and combined theoretical presentations covering the role and authority of national auditors, inspection methodology and techniques, introduction to technology, compliance assessment, and reporting and stepped approach to rectification, with virtual activities designed to provide the participants with best practices for inspecting various areas of aviation security, including passenger and cabin baggage screening, hold baggage screening and protection.
More Articles ...
- CAEP is the focus of discussions in the European Aviation and Environment Working Group in June
- Introduction to ECAC for Member States
- United States’ authorities and ECAC Coordinating Committee discuss strategic cooperation
- ECAC Security Forum: focus on the implications of restarting security operation
- Statement by the Directors General of Civil Aviation of the European Civil Aviation Conference
- European coordination in May
- First joint workshop on the impact of artificial intelligence techniques on aviation security equipment
- Two new members elected to the ECAC Coordinating Committee
- Directors General adopt documents, review activities and appoint new Coordinating Committee members
- EaP/CA workshop on security culture