Cotonou, Benin, 14-18 March 2022 — Participants from Benin, Cameroon, Madagascar, Gabon and Senegal attended the first course on covert testing in aviation security delivered in French. Experts from the French Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) and Niger’s DGCA joined forces to support participants in acquiring the knowledge and tools to implement, develop and improve covert testing programmes. Delivered through 11 modules, the activity included presentations, discussions and multiple practical exercises designed to support effective covert testing.
17 March 2022 — Communication specialists from 20 ECAC Member States gathered online for the second meeting of the ECAC Network of Communication Specialists (NETCOM). The participants noted the various actions taken since the kick-off meeting in autumn 2021, which included adoption by ECAC Directors General of the NETCOM Terms of Reference and Rules of Procedure and the 2022 work programme, and creation of a restricted site allowing the NETCOM members to share information among each other.
17 March 2022 — The European Coordination Group on Aviation Cyber Security (ECG-CS) held its first formal meeting. The group approved two draft European papers for the 41st ICAO Assembly on frameworks for cyber security and on the aviation international trust framework, which will be presented for approval by Directors General in May.
14 March 2022 — The experts of the European Coordination Group on Facilitation met virtually to review the proposed European working papers for the next session of the ICAO Assembly, as developed by the drafting group.
10-11 March 2022 — The members of the Training Task Force reviewed the division of tasks included in the group’s 2022 work programme at their online meeting in March. Priority tasks will include developing new documents on the efficiency of aviation security training, human factors and security culture, as well as developing best practices for training on: the use of shoe explosive detection (SED) and shoe metal detection (SMD) equipment; implementing recruitment-related Doc 30, Part II – Security recommendations; and risk assessment.
10 March 2022 — The ECAC/EU Sustainable Aviation Fuels (SAF) Task Group held its third meeting in March. The group was launched in December 2021 and comprises 25 experts appointed by 12 ECAC Member States and five European organisations. It aims to assemble best practices for promoting SAF, and to develop guidance material for ECAC Member States.
More Articles ...
- European coordination group on aviation security sets priorities for ICAO discussions
- Joint ECAC and ICAO information seminar on CORSIA eligible fuels
- Introduction to ECAC for Directors General of Civil Aviation and their senior advisors
- European preparations for the ICAO Legal Committee meeting
- Explosive detection dogs experts review 2022 tasks
- ECAC monthly familiarisation webinar on basic knowledge on aviation and the environment
- News from the Facilitation Sub-group on Immigration
- News from the Facilitation Sub-group on the Transport of Persons with Reduced Mobility
- ECAC expresses its solidarity with Ukraine
- ECAC Medium-Term Objectives Task Force reviews ECAC’s key documents