13-14 October 2021 - Air accident and incident investigation experts focused on unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) investigations in this year’s air accident and incident investigation workshop. The event offered the opportunity to look at the applicable regulatory framework, the investigation process and related challenges, the development of UAS investigation capability (including training requirements for investigators), safety improvement in the UAS sector, and the use of drones to support investigations.
6 October 2021 - The fourth monthly ECAC familiarisation webinar on basic knowledge on aviation and the environment was dedicated to preparing for the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) 26th Conference of the Parties (COP26), taking place in Glasgow in November.
5 October 2021 - Communication specialists from 25 Member States assembled online for the first meeting of the ECAC Network of Communication Specialists (NETCOM). Recognising the diversity of communication practices throughout the Member States, this new group aims at fostering good cooperation between States to improve the effectiveness of their communication by sharing experiences and best practices in the field of communication for aviation.
Paris/videoconference, 5 October 2021 - The members of the ECAC Legal Task Force met for their first hybrid meeting. They considered the latest developments in their activities and work streams at global level, and were briefed on various meetings, including the COVID-19 European coordination meetings.
8 September 2021 - The third in the series of monthly ECAC familiarisation webinars on basic knowledge on aviation and the environment was held in September. This session focused on a topic that will be crucial at the next ICAO Assembly in 2022: Climate long-term aspirational goals (LTAG) for international aviation.
Tirana/virtual, 26-28 August 2021 - Air transport developments in Albania, recent EU developments - in particular on the Slovenian Presidency of the Council of the European Union in the second half of 2021 - and developments in ICAO, including the main outcomes of the 223rd Council Session deliberations and European priorities and ambitions for the ICAO High-level Conference on COVID-19 (12-22 October 2021) were on the table for discussion at the 70th Special meeting of Directors General of Civil Aviation (DGCA/70(SP)).
More Articles ...
- Ingrid Cherfils offers some reflections on the events and highlights that have marked her presidency
- European experts participate in ICAO Facilitation Panel
- ECAC Triennial Session elects new president and approves work programme and budget for next three years
- Kick-off meeting on communication for civil aviation
- Alessio Quaranta (DGCA Italy) elected as President of ECAC
- EUROCONTROL and ECAC urge all stakeholders to facilitate smooth implementation of COVID-19 health checks
- New best practices course on cyber security
- First ECAC familiarisation webinar on basic knowledge on aviation and the environment
- European coordination on latest travel developments
- European coordination on economic matters